Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dreams of Jonah


I dreamt of you last night, my son.
You lay sleeping softly on my chest, utterly oblivious of your mysterious actions, unaware of your own subtlety. You unknowingly liberated me by your simple existence, freeing me from the chains of my selfishness.

You are, my little Jonah, the synthesis of love.
You are the emission that bears witness of love’s union and further initiates love’s unfolding.
You are the culmination of ocean and earth; the breaking wave that consummates their wedlock. The roar of their interaction resounds with your delicate movements, rhythmically echoing love’s aria. Their fervent melody reverberates in your infant voice. The ocean breathes you, the earth receives you, and El Roi is the blanketing expanse of stars overhead, emitting His radiant approval.

He’s glorified at your arrival.

No comments: