Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Truth Christening


The search for truth consumes me. Its veracity beckons me through the darkness of silent, empty streets. I’m summoned towards the unknown, but gently calmed by a recognizable Comfort, that “Notorious Illuminator”, as Merton once whispered. I loiter momentarily in front of the shadowy windows that bear witness to the credos of my past. They murmur of past instruction, but only induce me further into the mysteries that wait ahead. Truth invites the vagrant.

I know the veil that hides the secrets; the darkness that waits to envelop, like Abraham’s dream. A whisper that cuts through the silence, uttering the inexpressible phrases only my heart can decipher. My attention is gathered. My surrender is secured.
“I AM” is spoken.

1 comment:

Allen and Jessica said...

Oh, baby!! Your words penetrate the depths of my soul (as no one else’s can). This journey with you is more than I ever dreamt it would be!

We have been wooed by the mystique of our holy God. . . prompted to hunt for traces of his truth in the darkness. He is lavishly more that our doctrines portrayed. Our carnal minds are provoked by an immensity they cannot contain . . . Though we ache for truth to solidify, we are content with the mere hints and impressions Divinity that envelop us. . . though we cannot see, we taste him everywhere. . . He satisfies.